WQED-FM and WQEJ-FM to broadcast programs to commemorate High Holy Days
WQED-FM 89.3 and WQEJ-FM 89.7 in Johnstown will broadcast several programs to commemorate the High Holy Days:
• Tuesday, Sept. 7, 9-10 p.m. — “Birthday of the World: Part 1, Rosh Hashana”
Leonard Nimoy hosts inspirational music in the Jewish liturgical tradition performed by vocal ensemble, The Western Wind, in the first half of this two-part series
• Friday, Sept. 10, 7-10 p.m. — “Performance in Pittsburgh”
WQED-FM 89.3 host Stephen Baum presents highlights from the Pittsburgh Foundation’s 2010 Jewish Music Festival.
• Saturday, Sept. 11, 8-9 p.m. — “Remember Us Unto Life”
In celebration of Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur, Rabbi Ismar Schorsch, chancellor emeritus of the Jewish Theological Seminary, talks about the history, liturgy and meaning of these holidays featuring music from the High Holy Days.
• Monday, Sept. 13 — Thursday, Sept. 16, 9 p.m. — “Pittsburgh Jewish Music Festival”
Highlights from the Pittsburgh Jewish Music Festival
• Thursday, Sept. 16, 9-10 p.m. — “Birthday of the World: Part 2, Yom Kippur”
Leonard Nimoy hosts more inspirational music in the Jewish liturgical tradition performed by vocal ensemble, The Western Wind, in the second half of this two-part series.