Several Jewish charities will again participate in the Pittsburgh Foundation’s annual day of giving — “Pittsburgh Gives” — Wednesday, Oct. 3.
The aim of Pittsburgh Gives is to increase the level of knowledge about nonprofits in our region and leverage or increase individual funding of organizations or an issue in the Pittsburgh community.
Here are this year’s participating Jewish entities:
• Agency for Jewish Learning
• Aleph Institute-North East Region
• Community Day School
• Hillel Academy of Pittsburgh
• Hillel Jewish University Center
• Jewish Assistance Fund
• Jewish Association on Aging
• Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh
• Jewish Family & Children’s Service
• Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh
• JFilm: The Pittsburgh Jewish Film Forum
• National Council of Jewish Women, Pittsburgh Section
• Rodef Shalom Congregation
• Squirrel Hill Health Center
• Temple Emanuel of South Hills
• Yeshivath Achei Tmimim of Pittsburgh
All charitable donations made through PittsburghGives.org on Wednesday, Oct. 3, will be eligible for a portion of The Pittsburgh Foundation’s match pool.
(Correction: Rodef Shalom Congregation also is participating in the Pittsburgh Foundation’s Day of Giving today, Wednesday, Oct. 3. The congregation was unintentionally omitted from a list published in the Sept. 27 Chronicle. This is the corrected list of Jewish organizations participating in the Day of Giving.)