Read all about it
The Rauh Jewish Archives has announced that the weekly newsletters of the Young Men & Women’s Hebrew Association, the Y-IKC, and the Jewish Community Center, from 1926 to 1975, have been digitized and are now accessible, as the Y-JCC series, on the Pittsburgh Jewish Newspaper Project (PJN) website.
The Y-JCC series newsletters chronicle the activities and workings of these important institutions and are an invaluable resource for those interested in their history. The programs offered by the institutions were designed for wide appeal, with no sectarian restrictions imposed, and so enriched the cultural life of the entire Pittsburgh community. More information about these newsletters can be found on the PJN site. Histories of the institutions are available on the website A Tradition Giving: The History of Jewish Philanthropy in Pittsburgh.
The digitization of the Y-JCC series was made possible by the generous support of the Philip Chosky Charitable Educational Foundation.
CMU Library Services has moved all of their digital collections, including the Pittsburgh Jewish Newspaper Project, to a new platform. Users of the old url will be redirected to the new site.