Day of Giving 2014 – Tuesday, May 6
The Day of Giving 2014 will run from 6 a.m. until 12 a.m. (Midnight.) This is an 18-hour event. This event is part of Give Local America, the national day for community foundations across the country. This event will take place of the day traditionally held in October.
- Public 501c3 nonprofit organizations that primarily serve Allegheny, Butler or Westmoreland Counties, and that have a current profile on the site as of April 7, 2014 are eligible to participate.
- Organizations will receive a pro-rated portion of the match pool. The match will be capped at $1,000 per donor transaction per organization. Any gift of $25 to $1,000 per donor per organization will count towards the match pool. If a donor gives a gift in excess of $1,000 to an organization (for example, $1,500) only the first $1,000 will count towards the match pool. This is not a dollar-for-dollar match.
- The minimum gift per organization is $25.
- All gifts are designated for operating support only. Donations may not be used to fulfill dues, pledges, or for named or capital projects.
- Donations will not be accepted by third parties. The donor must make the online contribution and he/she will be receipted directly for that donation.
- Donations are MasterCard/Visa credit card gifts only on May 6, 2014 in the given time period at pittsburghgives.org.