- This event has passed.
‘Not the Last Butterfly’ documentary
August 25, 2018 , 8:15 pm
One event on August 25, 2018 at 9:45 pm
One event on August 26, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh announces screenings of “Not the Last Butterfly” documentary movie about the Butterfly Project
23 local libraries and hundreds of Pittsburghers have participated in the Butterfly Project
WHO and WHAT
• The movie, “Not the Last Butterfly” is the story of a San Diego artist’s dream to work with communities to paint 1.5 million ceramic butterflies to remember the 1.5 million children murdered in the Holocaust.
• The Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh will host three screenings , and Cheryl Rattner Price , founder and Executive Director of the Butterfly Project, will be visiting from California and on-site at all of the screenings to discuss the project and documentary with attendees.
• All screenings are free and open to the public .
• Register here: https://jfedpgh.org/butterfly-film-screening
WHERE and WHEN
• Screenings One and Two:
• August 25 at 8:15 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. at The Holocaust Center, 826 Hazelwood Avenue, Pgh, PA 15217
• Screening Three:
• August 26th at 1 p.m. at The Hollywood Theater – 1449 Potomac Road, Dormont, PA, 15216
WHY and HOW
• The Butterfly Project, a San Diego-based initiative, has established an international effort to paint one butterfly for each of the 1.5 million children killed in the Holocaust. The Holocaust Center, a self-funded affiliate of the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh, first brought the Project to the region in Spring 2017.
• “Not the Last Butterfly ” is the award-winning documentary film about The Butterfly Project, a non-profit organization who uses lessons of the Holocaust to educate about the dangers of hatred and bigotry through the painting of ceramic butterflies, permanently displayed around the world to memorialize each of the 1.5 million children who perished in the Holocaust.