- This event has passed.
Better Choices, Better Health at the JCC
May 21, 2019 , 12:30 pm - June 25, 2019 , 3:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 12:30 pm on Tuesday, repeating until June 11, 2019
Come join a workshop called Better Choices, Better Health at the JCC – Squirrel Hill
When: Six consecutive Tuesdays, May 7 – June 11, 2019
Time: 12:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Room 202)
Please call Amy Gold at (412) 697-3528 to sign up today!
This is a wonderful program that has benefited many adults. The workshops are informative, fun, and interactive. By joining the workshop, you’ll be together with people with similar conditions and concerns as you, and you’ll make new friends.
You will actively participate in:
• Brainstorming on key topics;
• Making a Weekly Action Plan on a goal that is important to YOU;
• Feedback and Problem Solving in which you report how you did in meeting your goal.
You’ll do engaging activities designed to help you learn–
• Distraction techniques to help manage pain;
• Better breathing techniques and ways to avoid shortness of breath;
• Relaxation techniques such as progressive muscle relaxation;
• What level of exercise intensity is right for you;
• Some guidelines about healthy eating;
• How to communicate more effectively;
• How to make future plans for health care;
• How to evaluate new treatment options;
• The power of positive thinking.
All workshop participants get the companion book, “Living a Healthy Life with a Chronic Condition”.
Light refreshments are provided throughout, with a graduation celebration at the end!